If you were never married to the other parent of your child(ren), you still have legal rights regarding custody, visitation and child support (unless something specifically has occurred to impact your legal rights). Our attorneys can help either parent secure a court order that provides a reliable and consistent schedule based on what is in the child’s best interest.

Child support guidelines are provided by statute and, for the most part, the amount of child support that a parent is ordered to pay can not be negotiated or waived. However, some financial situations are complex and our attorneys will thoroughly review the specifics of your case to make sure child support orders are accurate.

Although custody orders are intended to be final, there are times when a modification may be necessary. If you believe that your custody arrangement should be changed, please consult with one of our attorneys. Wyoming requires that a “material change in circumstances” occurs before a court will consider modifying an existing custody order. What qualifies as a “material” or “substantial” change in circumstances is fact-specific and must be evaluated within the context of your particular situation.